THE TOP COAT
THE INSIDER’S GUIDE TO ALL THINGS BEAUTY, APPLICATION AND THE EXCLUSIVE LAUREN B. FORMULA
Fall in love with your manicure this Valentine’s Day by playing off the traditional inspiration and thinking outside the heart-shaped box. We enlisted mani maven Lauren B., founder of polish brand Lauren B. Beauty, for not one, but three nail art looks designed with every girl in mind.
Date Night Nail Art
Put a romantic twist on a classic French for a nail art look that’s perfect for a night on the town with your sweetheart. “The painted red portion gives the illusion of hearts on the tips of the nails, which is perfect for V-Day and also a great example of a negative space manicure which is very popular,” Lauren B. says.
1 Apply one coat of Lauren B. Nail Perfecter base coat to prepped nails.
2 Apply Lauren B. Love to all the nails and allow the lacquer to dry for three minutes.
3 Use Lauren B. Rodeo Drive to create heart tips. Paint two arches on the left tip of the nail and then right tip to meet the arches in the middle to create sweetheart cut.
4 Once dry, apply a generous amount of Lauren B. Gel Like Top Coat.
Sweetheart Nail Art
Make a little pink go a long way by leaving the root of the nail negative. “This soft manicure screams delicate romance with a hint of class. If you are over the hearts and the roses, try this sleek manicure. It’s great for anyone to wear from the office to a date night,” Lauren B. says.
1. Apply a thin coat of Lauren B. Nail Perfecter base coat to prepped nails.
2. Apply Lauren B. Love polish to all the nails and allow to dry for at least three minutes.
3. Use a detail brush and Lauren B. White Hollywood Land polish to paint a thin horizontal line about halfway down the nail.
4. Use Lauren B. City of Angels to color-block the lower half of the nail. It’s okay if the pink shade overlaps the white, but leave a thin line of the white polish to create contrast.
5. Once dry, apply a generous amount of Lauren B. Gel Like Top Coat.
Galentine’s Day Nail Art
Try on a design with a reflective and pale gunmetal finish by getting into the rush of rose gold nail art. “This edgier manicure is not all about the reds and pinks, it uses four of our most popular metallic colors,” Lauren B. says.
1. Apply one coat of Lauren B. Nail Perfecter base coat to prepped nails.
2. Starting on the left side of nail, paint thin straight vertical lines from midpoint of the nail to the tip. Repeat using three to four more shades in the rose gold color family and alternate the length of the lines and leave a negative space area near the cuticle.
3. Once dry, apply a generous amount of Lauren B. Gel Like Top Coat.
To read the full article click here